Taken together, her research concerns morpho-functional features of hemopoietic, nervous, epithelial, cartilage and, more recently, skeletal muscle cells, with particular regard to their changes in differentiation and death.
The most commonly recently used cell model were C2C12 murine cells, growing in monolayer and characterised by means of molecular and morpho-functional approaches. Their development and their death, induced by a variety of physical and chemical triggers have been widely studied.
Cell response to natural antioxidants is the object of the last publications.
Electron microscopy, immunocytochemistry, confocal microscopy, cell cultures, flow cytometry
Molecular biology analises, animal models, human models.
1. Ferri P… Falcieri E. Expression and subcellular localization of myogenic regulatory factors during the differentiation of skeletal muscle C2C12 myoblasts. J Cell Biochem. 108, 1302-1317, 2009.
2. Burattini S… Falcieri E. Apoptotic DNA fragmentation can be revealed in situ: an ultrastructural approach. Microsc. Res. Tech., 72, 913-923, 2009.
3. D'Emilio A… Falcieri E. Morphological and biochemical patterns in UVB-induced skeletal muscle cell apoptosis. Histol. Histopathol., 25, 21-32, 2010.
4. Borzí RM…Falcieri E et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 13 loss associated with impaired extracellular matrix remodeling disrupts chondrocyte differentiation by concerted effects on multiple regulatory factors. Arthritis Rheum., 62, 2370-2381, 2010.
5. Curzi D… Falcieri E. How physical exercise changes rat myotendinous junctions: an ultrastructural study. Eur J Histochem. 56, 117-122, 2012
6. Burattini S… Falcieri E. Anti-apoptotic activity of Hydroxytyrosol and Hydroxytyrosyl laurate. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 55, 248-256, 2013
7. Battistelli M...Falcieri E. Cell death in human articular chondrocyte: a morpho-functional study in micromass model. Apoptosis, 19:1471-83, 2014.
8. Salucci S…Falcieri E et al. α-Actinin involvement in Z-disk assembly during skeletal muscle C2C12 cells in vitro differentiation. Micron, 68: 47-53, 2015.
9. Curzi D…Falcieri E. Morphological adaptation and protein modulation of myotendinous junction following moderate aerobic training. Histol Histopathol, 30: 465-72, 2015.
10. Salucci S…Falcieri E et al. Three-dimensional apoptotic nuclear behavior analyzed by means of Field Emission in Lens Scanning Electron Microscope. Eur J Histochem., 59:2539, 2015.
11. Curzi D… Falcieri E.Effect of Different Exercise Intensities on the Myotendinous Junction Plasticity. PLoS One. 2016, 11: e0158059.
12. Salucci S… Falcieri E. Further Highlighting on the Prevention of Oxidative Damage by Polyphenol-Rich Wine Extracts. J Med Food. 2017 in press.
9-11 September 2019, Trnava, Slovakia