Participation in Working Groups
WG1 - Biophysics of cell and tissue structure
WG4 - Mechanobiological principles of rare and common diseases
Cellular markers of neurodegenerative diseases and conditions (ALS, MS, ischemia …). Humoral factors and markers of neuroinflammation. Membrane ion transport processes and their intracellular signalling (Ca2+, H+, Na+, ROS …). The role of extracellular matrix (particularly tenascin C and its fragments) in brain plasticity in health and disease - whole animal (Enriched environment, behavioral tests, spinal cord lesions) and in vitro (scarring) studies.
Technologies offered to other EuroCellNet participants
- Confocal microscopy with immunofluorescence
- Ca2+ imaging,
- Behavioural setups
- rodent neural and glial cell cultures,
- ALS G93A rat model,
- Tenascin C KO mouse.
- Muliphoton and non-linear microscopy, AFM - In collaboration with institute of physics (potential participants of the Action).
- EPR spectroscopy and imaging - in collaboration with Faculty of Physical Chemistry, Univ. of Belgrade (potential WG particiapnts of the Action).
- MRI (1.5 and 3 T wide bore clinical setups adjusted for small animal imaging)
Technologies sought from other EuroCellNet participants
- Light sheet microscopy with CLARITY,
- Freeze-fracture and immuno gold EM
- 3D culture models
- AFM rheology and functionalized probes
- Stamenkovic V, Stamenkovic S, Jaworski T, Gawlak M,Jovanovic M, Jakovcevski I, Wilczynski GM, Kaczmarek L, Schachner M, Radenovic L, Andjus PR. The extracellular matrix glycoprotein tenascin-C and matrix
metalloproteinases modify cerebellar structural plasticity by exposure to an enriched environment. Brain Struct Funct. 2016 Apr 18.
- Milošević M., Stenovec M., Kreft M., Petrušić V., Stević Z., Trkov S., Andjus P.R.,Zorec R. Immunoglobulins G from patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis affects cytosolic Ca2+ homeostasis in cultured rat astrocytes. Cell Calcium. 54:17-25 (2013)
- Jakovcevski I., Miljkovic D., Schachner M., Andjus P.R. Tenascins and inflammation in disorders of the nervous system. Amino Acids 44:1115-27 (2013)
- Bataveljić D., Nikolić Lj.,Milošević M.,Todorović N., AndjusP. 2012. “Changes in the astrocytic aquaporin-4 and inwardly rectifying potassium channel expression in the brain of the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
SOD1G93A rat model.” Glia 60:1991-2003 (2012).
- Šekeljić V, Andjus PR. Tenascin-C and its functions in neuronal plasticity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 44:825-9 (2012)