-neurodegeneration and neurodegenerative disease (especially Alzheimer’s disease)
-interventions that delay ageing and age-related disorders (dietary restriction, omega-3 fatty acid, metformin...)
-Cell culture (primary neuronal culture, cell line)
-In vivo models of neurodegenerative disease (6-OHDA model of Parkinson’s disease, 5xFAD model of Alzheimer disease) short and long term dietary restriction model
-RNA, DNA, protein isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, western blot, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry, brain structure isolation, stereotactic surgery
-Interesting in any technique that would enable better understanding of neurodegenerative processes
1. Smiljanic K, Pesic V, Mladenovic-Djordjevic A, Pavkovic Z, Brkic M, Ruzdijic S, Kanazir S. Long-term dietary restriction differentially affects the expression of BDNF and its receptors in the cortex and hippocampus of middle-aged and aged male rats. Biogerontology 2015; 16:71-83.
2. Mladenovic Djordjevic A, Perovic M, Smiljanic K, Todorovic S, Tesic V, Ruzdijic S, Kanazir S. The effects of dietary restriction and aging on amyloid precursor protein and presenilin-1 mRNA and protein expression in rat brain. Neuroreport 2014; 25:398-403.
3. Smiljanic K, Vanmierlo T, Mladenovic Djordjevic A, Perovic M, Ivkovic S, Lütjohann D, Kanazir S. Cholesterol metabolism changes under long-term dietary restrictions while the cholesterol homeostasis remains unaffected in the cortex and hippocampus of aging rats. AGE 2014; Doi: 10.1007/s11357-014-9654-z
7. Mladenovic Djordjevic A, Perovic M, Tesic V, Tanic N, Rakic Lj, Ruzdijic S, Kanazir S. Long-term dietary restriction modulates the level of presynaptic proteins in the cortex and hippocampus of the agingrat. Neurochem Int. 2010; 56: 250-255.
8. Mladenovic Djordjevic A, Perovic M*, Smiljanic K, Tanic N, Rakic L, Ruzdijic S, Kanazir S. Expression of cholesterol homeostasis genes in the brain of the male rat is affected by age and dietary restriction. Biogerontology, 2009; 10: 735-745. (*equal contribution)