• Mitochondrial metabolic state (by means of cell autofluorescence), aimed at study of mitochondrial networks (fission-fusion)
• 3D cultures (collagen, matrigel) – aimed at study of cell-cell interactions (for investigation of tumours, photodynamic therapy) in the close-to-natural environment
• Biopolymeric scaffolds by 3D 2 photon photopolymerisation to control the above and propose most appropriate non-invasive sensors of mitochondrial/cellular state
• We also focus at advanced data analysis (spectral separation, image processing, 3D
As for set-ups, we are specialists in
• Time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy and imaging
• Confocal spectroscopy imaging
• Light microscopy
We also have colleagues in our groups specialising in (and thus having setups on)
• In vivo imaging (in patients and in bird eggs)
• Raman microscopy
• 3D 2 photon photopolymerisation
fluorescence markers expressed by molecular biology in living cells and tissues
3D imaging and in vivo imaging
1. HORILOVA J., STUDIER H., NADOVA Z., MISKOVSKY P., CHORVAT D. JR., MARCEK-CHORVATOVA A., 2015: Time-resolved spectrometry of mitochondrial NAD(P)H fluorescence and its application for evaluating the oxidative state in living cells: 183-193., book series “Methods in Molecular Biology” under John M. Walker as the Series Editor, volume “Mitochondrial Medicine: Methods and Protocols“, Weissig V & Edeas M. (Vol. Eds), Humana Press (USA), the Springer Publishing Group. protocol.
2. MARCEK CHORVATOVA A. 2015: Time-resolved spectroscopy of NAD(P)H in live cardiac myocytes: 67-92. Chapter 5 in the book “Advanced Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting Applications”, Becker W (Ed), New York, Springer publ.; on invitation.
3. MARCEK CHORVATOVA A. 2014: Autofluorescence-assisted examination of cardiovascular system physiology and pathology: 245-271. Chapter 12 in the book “Natural Biomarkers for Cellular Metabolism: Biology, Techniques, and Applications”, Heikal A., Ghukasyan V (Eds), Series in Cellular and Clinical Imaging, Periasamy A (Series Ed), Taylor and Francis publ.; on invitation.
4. CHORVATOVA A. CHORVAT D., JR., 2014: Tissue fluorophores and their spectroscopic characteristics: 47-84. Chapter 3 in the book “Fluorescence Lifetime Spectroscopy and Imaging for Tissue Biomedical Diagnostics”, Marcu L, French PMW, Elson DS V (Eds), CRC Press Publ., on invitation,
5. CHORVATOVA A. CHORVAT D., JR., 2014: Oncology applications: Optical diagnostics of cancer: 325-343. Chapter 14 in the book “Fluorescence Lifetime Spectroscopy and Imaging for Tissue Biomedical Diagnostics”, Marcu L, French PMW, Elson DS V (Eds), CRC Press Publ., on invitation.
25–30 May 2020, Spetses Island, Greece