25–30 May 2020, Spetses Island, Greece
Call Number 4
4th Call for ITC Applications for Conference Grants Occurring until 31st March 2020.
All ITC activities must occur in their entirety until the date specified above.
PURPOSE OF AN INCLUSIVENESS TARGET COUNTRIES (ITC) CONFERENCE GRANTS
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action. An applicant can be considered as being an ECI when the time that has elapsed between the award date of the applicants PhD and the date of the applicants first involvement in the COST Action 15214 does not exceed 8 years. PhD students are also eligible to partake in ITCs.
Specific information concerning ITC
Conference Grants are exclusively reseved for PhD students and ECI´s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC (Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey).
The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event / conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST.
The participant of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC. Attendance at European conferences is prefered. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
ITC – Financial support
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
1. up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful ITC applicant;
2. up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses;
3. up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
In addition when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant.
Interested researchers can apply by following the instructions provided below and submitting their application and supporting documents by the deadline of 15th February 2020.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process in details is as follows:
1. All applicants must carefully read the funding rules detailed in Section 8 of the COST Vademecum. This document is available here.
2. All applicants must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/
3. To submit a new application, the applicant presses the button „Create Conference Grant Request“
4. The application form contains the followin sections: Applicant details, Conference Grant details (the attendance at the konference must start and end during the same Grant Period (GP), Bank details, Financial support, Supporting documents (see below)
5. The applicant must send their ITC application form submitted to e-COST (pdf) and the relevant supporting documents to Prof. Roy Quinlan, ITC Coordinator AND in copy to the Chair of the Management Committee of the Action Prof. Pavel Hozak, using the e-form available at: https://app.greception.com/form/81d1a438/ - for evaluation before the application submission deadline expires. The application must be submited at least 45 days before the conference start date.
The list of supporting documents to be submitted in pdf format for the evaluation are:
The applications will then be assessed by the ITC Committee, which will perform the scientific and budgetary assessment of the applications against the perceived contribution that the proposed conference participation will make against the scientific objectives outlined in the Action’s Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report to the Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution) and the Action’s Grant Holder. Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted scientific report being approved by the Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution). Written approval of the submitted scientific report must be sent to the Grant Holder for archiving purposes. The Action Vice-Chair: Prof. Roy Quinlan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and The Action Chair: Prof. Pavel Hozak (email@example.com).
The scientific report should cover short description of involment in the COST Action, description of the oral presentation / poster presentation and the outcome/results, expected publications that may arise from the ITC (if applicable).
The applicant is also responsible for acquiring an official acceptance letter / Email confirmation of acceptance from the conference organisers.
This formal acceptance of the scientific report has to be sent to the Grant Holder (Michaela Zurkova, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Roy Quinlan (email@example.com) for archiving purposes.
Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days from the end date of the ITC will effectively cancel the Grant.
(Please note that the COST Association can request additional information to substantiate the information contained within the documents submitted by ITC applicants).
Expected date of notification of application outcome:
The application must be submitted at least 45 days before the conference start date
Period of ITC: until 31st March 2020
25–30 May 2020, Spetses Island, Greece